Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bonne Chance TESL-ians

So this post is for those who are looking for tips for the TESL interview.

The only thing you need is self-confidence
This is because you need to be able to stand by your answers and opinions since they will twist your words.
If you don't like something, just be honest about it. Do not lie to them cause they will know. They are very good at twisting their questions until you will spill your beans. So just be honest. They won't scold you for having different opinions but do make sure that you have solid reasons for it.

You don't really need to study anything serious since you will be ask about your life and your background and what make you want to take TESL as your course.
Oh and please make sure that you know what the T.E.S.L stand for since the interviewers will ask you that.

I was quite lucky on my interview since I wasn't asked about anything regarding to educational news and affairs. Unfortunately, there were those unlucky ones that were asked about the current issue of education. And during my time it was the abolishment of ptptn. So do pray hard that you will not be one of those unlucky ones.

I was only asked about my family and the things that I love. I was the last candidate for the interview and I was so worried about the interviewers mood. So i walked into the room with the biggest smile and said Assalamuaikum and a friendly hello and Alhamdulillah the interview went well.

If you don't want to be a teacher then just be honest about it. I did that on my interview and they accepted it. Bare in mind that TESL is not all about being a teacher.
Make sure you are not passive during the interview.
You need to talk a lot but do let the interviewers talk too. Please do not worry about your grammar. It's  okay to make grammatical errors during the interview. Just be responsive and have a good time during the interview. Be different, be yourself :)


Goodluck my junior TESL-ians, Trust me, you won't regret in taking this awesome course.

love,
Lala

No comments:

Post a Comment